Saturday, June 18, 2011

What not to do

I awoke at 6:30 this morning because I had to let my cakes freeze. Very much my fault for baking 3 cakes at a time. Well for some reason my fondant did not work as smoothly as usual. It kept overlaping. There were cracks in the fondant due to me having to cut it so there were not ripples in my fondant. However since I was making a tower I just hid the cracks behind vines. Also, I bought a stencil to create a brick pattern in the fondant and silly me did not press it in before I put the fondant on the cake. Although, I did it after I placed the fondant on the cake and it made subtle lines.
Since my daughter wanted a chocolate cake, the cake itself was way too moist, and the tower part sank into the cake a bit. It was like the leaning tower of Rapunzel!! Haha! It was a hit as always and I loved eating it!
I realize I am just learning what not to do! Trial and Error a lady I spoke to called it. There are plenty of errors! And lots of trials. Another cake down for June one more to go!! I will be attempting a Perry the Plattypus, from the show Phinnius and Ferb, on Friday. I am still trying to figure that one out!

Here are pics from this week's cake.

1 comment:

  1. OH YEAH! I used butter instead of margerine and my icing did much better. And I used a Wilton icing color and no runnyness or seperation!

    ReplyDelete