Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finis!!

Wow this was a duzi!! I don't get why my icing likes to seperate from my cake!! And why my food coloring likes to seperate from my icing!!! I hypothisize that it is because I used margrine instead of butter...or because it was raining when I made it. What is your take? I did finish the cake and it looks pretty cool. However sloppy in places due to the fact my icing was hot and too runny, and when removing the wax paper(I put it under cake to prevent the cake board from getting icing on it) it pulled some the the icing off. And does anyone know how to make black frosting? I just mix all the colors and it becomes this funky looking goo color. It works though, I guess. My favorite part of the cake is the gumpaste parts I made. Although, the tuning knobs keep falling out. A lesson that I learned is make the sticks longer. And use butter instead of margrine. I think I have mastered the star tip! Its the easiest. I tried the shell and I just cant get it. Practice Practice Practice!! Well Ta Ta for now.
A.

2 comments: