Friday, June 17, 2011

Rapunzel cake

It is my youngest daughter's birthday today and I am on a cake mission! She asked for an oreo cake so hooray for chocolate!!! At this very moment I am baking 3 cakes in my oven, probably not the smartest. She has also asked for me to make it like the Tagled tower. I am using fondant, which is my favorite to work with due to its so much smoother. I am going to Michael's later to see if I can find a stencil or something to make a brick pattern in my fondant. I will probably use buttercream frosting, its my favorite and its easiest. She asked for the prince and a horse and I had to burst her bubble real quick. I maybe need to take a sculpting class too! ha ha! I bought a doll to put on cake. and I am not sure how I am going to get the cone shape at the top of the turret. I am excited to make it. We will see how it turns out tomorrow. I am also going to try and see if my icing turns out differently when I use butter instead of margerine. Or if it could be the type of food coloring. We will see. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment